1.17.2014

Turned the corner...

Well, friends, I am happy to say I think Anna has turned the corner and is slowly on her way to being healthy.  Yesterday, (Thursday) was the first day in 5 days that she did not wake up covered in throw up or diarrhea.  I knew it was going to be a good day!  The poor girl was pretty sick, and I truly believe it was God's Grace that kept her out of the hospital, away from needles and such because of dehydration.  The amount (or lack of) fluids she was taking for 7 days was so minimal, but the amounts of fluids coming out of her seemed like a sure path to being dehydrated, but she toughed it out and some how her little body was able to figure it out.  She still isn't eating much, but I think she knows she needs to take it slow.  She also still seems very sleepy, but I think that's good too.  It was a LONG week!  And I have to give a GREAT big shout out to Kristi who was able to stay home with Anna for a day and a half.  I can't even explain how grateful I am for that.  Thanks, Kristi!  Even though I feel like I've been doing laundry non-stop for the past week I some how managed to fall a little behind on mine!  (I made sure Jeff's was done because he's away for wrestling and I wanted him to have his "full wardrobe" to pick from- as if he wouldn't have enough if I didn't do his laundry for a few days!)  So I think tonight will consist of some laundry and some more disinfecting of my house.  I want all the germs to be gone!!
I hope you had a good week!  I'm so glad it's Friday, and I'm so glad Anna is close to being healthy again!

No comments: