So....I thought Anna was just having a little reaction to her shots from her check up on Thursday, but I think I was wrong! She started vomiting and started having diarrhea on Friday morning, and it's just backing off now. Poor pitiful thing! I was pretty worried Saturday night into Sunday because it had been about 36 hours since she had a wet diaper, and with all the diarrhea I was thinking she has to be getting dehydrated. I spoke with the on call doctor on Sunday morning, and she wanted me to bring her in, just because she's so young. We ended up seeing a different doctor, which was ok, and he assured me that her little body was taking all it needed, but if she didn't start taking some more fluids then she could be well on her way to dehydration. Of course he suggested pedialite and gatorade, but she was not impressed with that! She would spit it right back out! She had a rough night last night, which consisted of two crib sheet changes and three pajama changes! Once the pj's were changed from the diarrhea I started working on the sheets, and then she proceeded to throw up on herself! Geesh! I stayed home with her today, and I definitely see improvement, but she's still pretty hesitant to eat. (can you blame her?!) So my prayer is that she starts feeling better and starts to act like her normal self tomorrow. The stomach bug can knock an adult right on their fanny, so I know it must be even more miserable for a little one.
My parents came through this weekend on their way to Florida. It was great to have them here for a day, especially since Anna was sick. It was very helpful to have my mom around. They're safely in the state of Florida as we speak! Here are just a few pictures I snapped. I wasn't too good with pictures, as I think I was probably doing laundry or something! :)
Hope you had a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment