If we had coffee together I think I'd have lots to say....
I would tell you how even though we only had students for three days this week I was completely and totally ready for Friday. I like my job, but there are days I just get so tired! Tired from the same typical things, tired from having to ask kids to do the same things 53 times before they actually get that I really am asking them to do something!
I would tell you about my kids. It always makes me smile when I see people post pictures of their kids on Facebook or Instagram and then write a caption about how much they love their kids! Well, of course you love your kids! Of course you think your kids are the most adorable things since the invention of calendars with puppies on them. I get it...trust me! I think my kids are the cutest things ever too, but that's my job, right?! I'm their mom, I'm supposed to think that! I would tell you that I'm really blessed, but that I worry about those girls like crazy! I worry about myself too. I worry that I won't be a good enough mom, or that I won't know what to do when Claire throws herself on the ground getting out of the car in the driveway (that may or may not have actually happened!) I pray constantly that they love the Lord and are able to make good choices. It makes me sad to see how many of my students have pitiful home lives. I can't seem to wrap my head around parents who appear to be so disinterested in their children and the choices they're making. Ok, I'm totally all over the place with this one...sorry!
I digress....
I would tell you how great Claire is doing with the potty! And I would tell you how great Anna is doing with me feeding her a little earlier at night before I put her in her crib.
I would also be completely honest and tell you that this "Fall Back" daylight saving time thing has totally kicked my butt! I was all excited about getting an extra hour, but geesh...I didn't think it would be this hard on me! I am TIRED! And that sad part is, I'm super tired at like 8:00 pm! Yikes! I've been wide awake every day this week at about 4:30, which might explain why I'm so tired at 8, but whatever! And can we talk about how dark it is at 5:00 pm??!! Goodness! It's awful!
I would tell you about Kristi's crazy neighbors who BLAST their music at the strangest times during the day. They told her to tell them if their music is too loud, so she has (about 10 times) and the guy even sat in her living room to hear just how loud it is, but they still continue to listen to their music so the whole city of Winchester can hear. It's really bizarre to me. I guess if I knew I was bothering someone that much with one of my habits, I would try to compromise a little. Do you know anyone who wants to buy a townhouse? Kidding. (kind of!)
I would also tell you how Riggi lost his little boy parts on Tuesday. Poor little fella! Kristi had to put a cone on him because he was licking the incision so much. Sounds like a good idea, right?! Yeah, one would think. Not Riggi though. He figured out how to destroy his cone yesterday while Kristi was at work. Ha! (It's really not funny...but it kind of is to me!) That dog is something else! I guess he was not impressed with that silly cone!
I also would say how great it was to have my mom in town for a few days. Even though I didn't get to see her as much as I would have liked, it was still so great to just know she was in town! Not to mention dinner was cooked every night! That was awesome!
I would tell you about my sweet nephew Jack who fell at day care today and split his head open. It was the little guys first (and probably not last) trip to the ER to get some stitches. We skyped with him tonight to check on him, and he was all smiles! Kadi said he didn't cry the whole time! He was just mad he had to be held down to get cleaned up! Silly boy!
Then I would probably tell you how wrestling is officially starting on Monday and how that makes me a little scared! That means every single evening will be me and the girls. That's good and all, but sometimes bath/bed time can get a little harry! I'm sure I'll get myself into a good routine after a few nights, so I shouldn't worry too much, but you know me!
I wonder if you'd want to have coffee with me and listen to me ramble on and on about silly things?! I hope you've had a good week! I wish I could tell you we have a three-day weekend, but sadly, we don't get Veteran's Day off. I hope you do, but even if you don't...have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment