7.24.2013

It's feeling a little chilly in here!

We FINALLY have entered the 21st century and have air conditioning in our house.  It's such a wonderful thing!  (but gosh, it was expensive!)  It was really nice to have it last week during the little heat wave we had! You might remember my post about Jeff removing the old unit that was in the wall- now this is what we have:
There are also units in the girls rooms.  We decided to go with the Mitsubishi system, because a traditional HVAC system just didn't really fit our lifestyle.  (Taking up closet space for duct work, cutting lots of vents, etc)  I don't have much storage space as it is, so I was glad not to lose closet space to run duct work.  The units heat and cool, and all operate independently.  For example, the unit in the living room could be set to 70 degrees, but I could keep the baby's room at 75, which was another feature that we liked.  They are extremely energy efficient and very quiet.  So far we've been nothing but happy with how they work.  It did take a little getting used to having them on the wall, but really, it's not any worse than what was there!
Soon I'll be sharing pictures about our laundry room make over.  Jeff has been working so hard to get it done, which I'm thankful for, because the stuff that needs to go in the new cabinets is the last bit unpacking we have to do.  (I know it seems like forever since we "moved back in", so to still have boxes to unpack seems odd...but trust me, I wish it could be different!  The cabinet situation took much longer than I thought- mostly because I couldn't make up my mind, and then realized we could actually afford custom cabinets!)
Hope you're having a good week!

No comments: