Then, Jeff's family arrived the following Monday for the week. The initial plan was to spend a few days in DC, but with the weather hovering near 100 degrees, they went in on Monday (Claire and I opted to stay behind) and decided it's just no fun in DC when it's that hot. (I can't blame them!) We did a few local things, like the Shenandoah Valley Kids Discovery Museum, and visited Luray Caverns, but we mostly just spent time in the pool, which was a blessing to have!
The kids museum was lots of fun. I think Jeff had even more fun than the kids! Ryan was also a good sport through it all, because I can't imagine most kids going on 16 think something like that is very much fun!
The caverns were pretty neat, but then I kind of got over it, and started to really think about being underground all that time! Ha! It's a guided tour that you go on, so it only moves as fast as the people you're with, and the people we were with weren't moving too fast! Claire was such a good girl through it all, since we were there right during her lunch time, and let's face it, she probably wasn't thrilled about being in the stroller the whole time either, but you'd never know it- she was great!
No comments:
Post a Comment