Anyway, we had a fun weekend, and on Monday my mom came down for a few days.
Jeff's college wrestling teammate came for a weekend visit. Tenk teaches in Prince William County now, and lives in Alexandria, so it wasn't too long of a trip for him. I was so glad he came. He is such a great guy. He was born in Ghana, moved to New York City when he was 9, and then went to Oswego, which is obviously where he met Jeff. He is a funny, funny guy, and I think he was glad he came for a visit too! On Friday night Jeff took him "out on the town" for a bit. I think he was pleasantly surprised how inexpensive drinks were here, compared to the "big city!" Saturday we hung by the pool, then Jeff and Tenk went to a friend's house to shoot guns. (Not exactly my idea of fun, but I guess they enjoyed themselves!) Then, Saturday night we all went to a friends to watch the UFC fight. I didn't really see too much of the fights, mostly because a few of us were talking the whole time, but I think the boys had a good time! Sunday, Kristi and I were up early to run 7 miles with Karen and Cassy (more on the running in a different post) and then Jake, Katie, Jeff and Brittany came over to swim and cook out. We had a very fun day, even Tenk stayed for most of the day.
Claire loved hanging with Tenk!
Swimming with her friends
We celebrated Bella's 4th birthday too! She got a special treat.
On Monday my Mom came into town for a few days. We went into DC one day to check out the Newseum. It was a very fun day. We had lunch first, then went to the Newseum, which was pretty cool, and then made our way back home. Claire even got to come, and she was very well behaved. It was a long day for her, especially since she's pretty scheduled with naps, but she slept for a while in her stroller, and was in good spirits.
Check back soon for another update- I want to share some pictures of the deck with you. You might also find a post about how I'm sad to go back to work! (kidding...kind of!) I am very blessed to have so much time off, but it certainly doesn't make me more excited to go back to work. I should have at least bought a power ball ticket yesterday! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment