Her official stats are: 18 pounds (50% percentile) and 27 1/2 inches (75% percentile). Dr. Dansie said she is doing just great, and developing perfectly. He is so wonderful, and always spends so much time with us, and answers all the questions I ask, and even the ones I forget to ask!
Some of her favorite things to do right now are:
*make noise (sing, talk, babble, yell?) Not really sure what you would call it, but she loves to hear herself make noise!
*Say mama & dada, and we think she says Bella, but I'm sure I'm just being "that mom" who thinks her kid can do everything!
*Stick out her tongue when you ask her what a lizard does.
*Give high-fives. (Guess when??! After you say, "give me a high-five")
*Show you where your nose is when you say, "where is my nose?" (duh...what else would you say?!)
*Dance! She is really into dancing...she's got some sweet moves in the works! Any song, or jingle she hears she is shaking her little behind, or waving her arms all around, if she happens to be sitting.
*EAT. This is probably her most favorite thing to do (EVER). Yeah, I guess she takes after her mom in that department. She can do some eating! I would say she would eat all day long if I let her. She pretty much likes whatever we put in front of her. I make a lot of the food she eats, and even when I gave her some food with a little more texture, and I could tell her didn't really dig it, she ate it anyway! She loves to try to chomp on fruit that we give her cut up into little pieces. She still doesn't have any teeth, so once that happens we might try some other new foods. She eats mostly fruits and veggies, and I'm so glad she likes all of them!
She is also pretty good at sleeping, which is great! She gives us about 12 hours every night (usually from about 7-7) and still takes 2 or 3 naps a day. With a little hard work she can "put herself to sleep" as long as she has her favorite stuffed doll and her pacifier. This is good, because although I love to hold her and rock her, I'm sure she won't want me to rock her forever (heck she barely wants me to now!) and I hope this helps her sleep habits in the future.
I know she's mine, and I know everyone thinks their own kid is great, so I guess I'm just like everyone else! She is a happy, curious little girl, and we just can't get enough of her chubby little face!
I'm not sure if this was more play time, or snack time...both I guess!
She loves being outside!
Climbing on everything!
I forgot to mention how much she loves to read the newspaper...
Claire, I can't wait to see what you have in store for us during your 9th month! We love you!





No comments:
Post a Comment