1.22.2016

Nashville!

I was fortunate enough to be able to travel to Nashville last weekend.  It was great fun!  Sadly, Jeff wasn't able to join me, because he had to be away for wrestling.  His parents came down to spend the weekend with the girls, which was a great help.

Kristi and I flew down on Thursday night for the wedding of a friend.  When I did my graduate work, I was paired up with a wonderful professor, who soon became a close family friend.  I was able to spend many, many hours at the Snodgrass home throughout grad school, and both Kristi and I have very fond memories of our time with them.  Their son, Taylor, who is now a grown up (yikes...I'm old!) lives in Nashville after graduating from Virginia Tech, and it was his wedding we traveled to Nashville for.

We had all day Friday to explore, which was awesome, except it was cold.  And it rained.  Blah!  My parents also flew in from Florida, and there were lots of old friends from Edinboro in town as well.  We spent the day with another family who I met while at school, and we had a great day!  We saw a lot of Nashville and shared so many laughs!

The wedding on Saturday was awesome.  It was a beautiful venue with a special ceremony and a great reception.  I was also asked to make cookies for all the guests, which was a tad bit stressful, but very fun.

Nashville was good to us, and I hope to visit again, probably in the summer!  Of course, I was happy to get home and spend a little time with the girls.
Here are some pictures from my camera.  I probably have a gazillion more on my phone, but those aren't quite as easy to post.

266 of these babies made it safely to Nashville for all the guests!






















No comments: