7.27.2015

Italy: Days 7-10

We took an afternoon ferry to the lovely island of Capri.  I vividly remember visiting in high school, and my memories did not disappoint me!  We were able to get some pool time in before our group dinner, and then we elected not to go on the morning tour of the island.  We took our time working out, had a nice relaxing breakfast, did some lounging pool side, then headed down to the harbor to do some shopping and grab lunch.  Some people (not me!) took an afternoon boat ride out to the grottoes, which I visited in high school, and Jeff assured me how awesome the tour of the grottoes and around the island was.  The lucky girls were all able to have custom sandals made.  That was great!  Everyone got a sandal unique to them, and it was so neat to see them made, specifically to your foot, right in front of your eyes!  We had a fun night, enjoying a yummy dinner, and of course felt very sad that we had to head back to Rome in the morning!  That evening was one of the most fun for me.  The "kids" (Kadi, Kristi, Sara, Monica, Drew, Jeff and myself) spent several hours in our room chatting and laughing.  It was awesome!  We stayed up probably later than we should have, but it was worth it.  After breakfast, we took a ferry to Naples to catch a ride back to Rome.  We were greeted with a heat wave when we returned to Rome.  It was HOT!  They were forecasting temperatures of about 100 degrees!  That, however, didn't stop our fun!  We did a little more shopping before another great dinner (are you seeing a theme here?!) and prepared for our final full day.  We had a tour of St. Paul's Basilica and the catacombs, which were both "cool" for such a hot day!  But honestly, St. Paul's was beautiful and the catacombs, although so dark, was quite interesting.  We enjoyed a very fun final group dinner, where we probably ate and drank way too much, before heading back to our hotel to keep going with the fun!

I can't begin to express my sincere gratefulness that Jeff and I were able to go on this trip.  It was so hard for me to leave the girls, but I knew we couldn't pass up this opportunity. (and of course, the girls were fine!)  We are so blessed by my parent's generosity, and are appreciative of the time spent with family.

(and I just realized how few pictures I took while in Capri...darn!)























No comments: