8.13.2013

What do you do?

You're probably wondering what I've been doing these days (while patiently waiting for this young girl to arrive)...
Well, of course I have to do laundry- it makes me feel better to have empty hampers and clean sheets and towels, so I do that.
I made cinnamon rolls from scratch for the first time.  I've always been intimidated to try it, maybe it's the actual dough and the worry about the water temp and getting the yeast to activate?  Who knows, but I used this recipe, and they were a big hit!  It came together very easily, so you should try it too!
We took Claire to the Clarke County Fair one evening.  She really likes to see the animals, so I think she had fun.  Of course we didn't stay long, and don't do rides, heck, the rides hadn't even started yet!  It was a nice evening, and I'm glad we went.



I also figured I might as well bake some cookies.  So I made these and these this morning.  Yes, those cookies have potato chips in them.  Weird, I know.  I probably won't make them again...they are ok, I just don't think they're so good that they're worth the calories.  The other, flourless peanut butter cookies, are pretty good.  Very easy, which I like.
Basically, we've just been hanging out, swimming, reading books, just trying to enjoy the last bit of summer and the last few days of having an only child!



No comments: