12.05.2012

Claire at 13 months

I'm not sure when this all happened.  Claire is 13 months old.
I've been doing this weird thing lately.  I am forgetting that it's December.  (In my defense, it was 70 degrees yesterday!)  People will ask me how old she is, and I'll happily reply "just about 13 months" or "she's one!".  Ummm, yeah.  She's not almost 13 months.  She's actually past that!  Whoops!
Anyway, she's still lots of fun.
A few weeks after she turned one, the formula we had ran out, and we had slowly been cutting out bottles, so the final step was to take away the bottle before bed time.  She did great!  Maybe it was more of a comfort for me- knowing she had a very full belly, or the few minutes she's actually sitting still, drinking her bottle.  Either way, I got over it, and established a new night time routine.  It has been working out great.  She's a good sleeper, and is still in bed around 7 each night. 
Here are some other "stats", as I've called them before:
*She thinks she can run.  She can't.  She falls almost everytime she tries, but it's funny to watch, especially when she thinks you're chasing her.
*She still only has about a half a tooth!  The one bottom tooth is SLOWLY making it's way in, and is about half way up.
*She's a great eater, but she wants to eat more and more of what we have, which can be tough sometimes.  She mashes up most soft foods pretty well, so if we're having something soft, she gets that too.  She still eats some baby food, mostly because I'm still limited in what I can give her.
*She loves Bella.  I mean like totally is obsessed!  She follows her around, tries to give her a drink out of her sippy cup, brings books to her chair and "reads" them to her, gives her "hugs", brings her toys, etc.  She is wild about Bella.  And poor Bella is so calm and patient with her.  I'm sure Bella would rather Claire leave her the heck alone, but that's probably not going to happen anytime soon!
*Claire can now follow a few directions, and actually complete tasks.  For awhile she's been able to put her clothes in the hamper if you ask her to.  Now if you ask her to throw something away, she'll bring it to the kitchen and put it in the garbage, clapping for herself once the job is done.  She will also bring things to people if you ask her to. 
*She loves day care.  She cries pretty much every day when I pick her up.  Yes, you read that correctly.  When she has to leave with me.  Her mother.  Oh well, at least I know she's happy there!
*She doesn't sit still.  Ever.  Ok, maybe when she's eating, but other than that, it's go, go, go.  all.the.time.  Although, she is quite good at entertaining herself, so that's good for when I'm cooking dinner, or folding laundry, etc.
Ok, I think that's it for now.  I'm sure I'll think of something I forgot to add, and I do realize you're probably like, really, lady?  Who cares about all this?!  I get it, I feel your pain, but this is just as much for me, as it is for you.  Kind of like if I'm bad at putting stuff in her baby book- I can look back at the family blog (I swear one year I'm going to have it made into a book) and remember all the fun things she did when she was 13 months old.
And what's a post without a few pictures?  So here you go:
Admiring the little tree in her room.
Ugg boots with her pj's...that's how she rolls
Story Time!
Sharing her sippy cup

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Love that little lady! She is growing so fast!