4.17.2011

catching up...

I haven't posted since March 28th. Wow. That's lame. My blog has been suffering lately. Kristi said to me the other day:
"Michele, your blog really stinks. You're a slacker."

Well, that pretty much sums it up. I'm a slacker, but in my own defense...I have a pretty boring life!

Track has started. I "coach" the jumpers on our middle school track team. I pretty much have no clue what I'm talking about, but the kids don't know that. I enjoy running, and I enjoy the kids, but track is so blah. Boring, bland...no contact, not much excitement! I like the days we have track meets, but we only have 4 of those, so it's hard to stay motivated for only 4 meets. I might also mention, that even though I'm a coach, my husband basically does everything for me! (I'm spoiled, I realize this.) He coaches the sprinters, so he is ALWAYS helping me out. So basically what I'm saying is that coaching track is not hard for me, just boring, and when I'm there I think about what else I could be doing!

The next recent happening that has been keeping me busy is my part-time job. Yeah, part-time job. I have to be honest, it's a pretty good gig, and the extra money is nice. I figure I better do it now while I can. Please don't judge! But...I'm working at one of the local funeral homes. One of my friend's husband owns the place, and needed some part time help, so now I have a job. It's pretty simple, answer the phone, do some computer work, greet people who come in for a viewing, you know, stuff that's not too hard. I work a few evenings a week, so sometimes I go right from track to the funeral home, and I don't get home until after 9:30, and at that point, I don't feel like blogging, nor do I have much to say!

Last weekend, Jeff and his buddies and his dad, put a new roof on the house. Phew- what a job that was! I am so thankful to everyone that helped out. Jeff's parents came down to join in the fun as well, which was greatly appreciated. I didn't take one picture the entire weekend. Whoops! We needed the new roof pretty badly, and it looks great!

This weekend Jeff and I actually did something exciting- traveled to the Philly area for a friends wedding. Paul and Aisha got married on Friday evening, and it was great fun! Jeff and I caught up with some friends as soon as we arrived at the hotel, and then found our way to the golf course where we would spend the evening. Aisha looked beautiful, and Paul didn't look too shabby himself! The cocktail hour had some awesome food- I think that (and the dessert table, of course) were my favorites. Don't get me wrong...dinner was good too, but we all ate so much during the cocktail hour, we were practically stuffed! We danced the evening away, and headed back to the hotel, where the boys hung out for a while longer, and I retired to my room for the evening. It was so much fun to see friends we haven't seen since the summer!







Jeff and I spent much of Saturday at the King of Prussia Mall- wow! That place has everything! We had a great lunch and then did more shopping. After much discussion, we decided to head home, instead of heading to Nick's place. It was a tough decision for Jeff because he really wanted to hang out some more with his buddies, but knew that it would add time to the trip home, and we certainly wouldn't feel like driving home even later in the day. Not to mention it was pouring outside. It was a long trip home.

Once we got home, I was spoiled with birthday gifts from my family, and then my parents friends arrived (they are traveling together to the Outer Banks) and we headed out to dinner. We came back and had ice cream cake...yum! Everyone in my family spoiled me. I received so many special gifts. Probably my very favorite though was the gift my parents got me:



I couldn't believe how awesome this gift was. Of course, a million emotions came flooding back- from the training, to the race, to the feelings (and soreness) after I finished. I even got a little teary eyed! Thanks Mom and Dad for such a thoughtful gift!

Three day work week for us, and then Wednesday after school we're heading to the Outer Banks to join my parents for a few days. It will be nice to get out of town for a while. Then...the following week is another 3 day work week for us because it's Apple Blossom!! Yippie. I can't wait for Jeff's family to visit- Apple Blossom is always so much fun.

Have a great week, and maybe you'll see another post real soon! :)

1 comment:

Matt said...

Great post Michele! It was great seeing you guys! Your birthday gift is AMAZING!!!