We had a snow (ice) day. I'm fine with it. That's our 4th snow day of the school year. I used to worry that we'd have to be in school until the 4th of July because of snow days, but I'm trying to give up worrying, so I am totally cool with the fact we've had 4 snow days. (And I secretly hope we have more! I know, I'm greedy.)
Of course, the day off screwed up my plans for health, so tomorrow will be a quick scramble to get myself organized, and possibly ready to do what my students were supposed to do today.
Kristi and I waited until this evening to go to the gym, because we wanted to go to a spin class. We went to one yesterday, but I wanted to have a class with this instructor, so we went a bit early, lifted, and then had class. I'm not trying to get too personal here people, but, can I just say that my backside is a tiny bit sore. It feels good to get that out there- don't worry, I won't get any more personal than that. I know if I continue to go to spin classes, I will adjust, but the first few days are rough! And, by the way, it was a great workout.
Speaking of going to the gym tonight...while I was there, Jeff was making dinner. A delicious dinner. Chicken Riggies. Yum. I am SO HAPPY there are left overs for lunch tomorrow. I love, love, love Chicken Riggies. And no one makes them quite like Jeff!
Guess what else I did today? Bet you'll never guess....
Yeah, I baked cookies. Peanut butter m&m cookies. They are pretty darn good. I found this site, Pennies on a Platter through Annie's Eats. I was looking through the blog, and noticed that for the month of January, the girl who "owns" (is that the right terminology? Do you own your blog? Or do you maintain it? Anyway...) is donating her profit (I guess she gets a small profit from the advertisement on her blog based on the number of hits she gets in a month) for the month of January to a friend. This friend, recently lost her 31 year old husband. She has 2 kids, and is due with the 3rd in February. Wow. Sad stuff. So, if you get a second, click the link, and your click will have made a little donation to a grieving family.
Alright, I guess since I just sat here staring at the screen for 2 minutes, I've run out of things to say. (Shocker, I know!) I realize you had no idea how long the actual pause was between paragraphs, but I can assure you- it was long enough to be done with this post!
I have a few notes to write to some friends, and a few more things to do to get ready for school tomorrow.
Hope you're having a good week. Tomorrow is Wednesday! (and it's my first day of the work week...YES!)
No comments:
Post a Comment