Here are some of the highlights of my easy weekend:
Friday night we went to dinner with Jake and Heather. It was fun to hear about their wedding planning, and to catch up with them.
Saturday Jeff and I did some running around and had a quick lunch while we were out.
Kristi and I went to Simply Charming and then to Home Depot to pick up a new mirror for the bathroom.
We ordered pizza and wings and Jeff hooked the computer up to the TV so we could watch my dad's game that was being streamed online. It was great to be able to watch the game, but it wasn't great that they lost 21-14. They played the defending state champions, and I think they did quite well, and have nothing to hang their heads about! That was the state quarter finals, which is pretty darn good!
It's kind of bittersweet that dad's team lost, because that means they will be here next weekend. They are coming and so are Aunt Nan, Uncle Andrew, Sara and Monica, so we can go watch Drew's game at Liberty. It's going to be great to have everyone here!
I finally ran. I did 3 miles this morning. I didn't wear a watch for the first time since I started training for the marathon, so it was weird and kind of cool at the same time. I felt pretty good- my knees are still achey, so I didn't want to do too much...3 was the perfect distance to loosen up.
We met a flooring specialist, one of our co-workers husbands, on Sunday morning to talk about what we can do with our down stairs. We will have part of it carpeted and part of it we will have hard wood put down. I know it's probably hard to picture, but it's going to look great. (well, anything will look better than what we've got right now- but still!)
Oh, and remember that bathroom project that we started, oh, maybe um say....back in April? Uh, yeah. It's really finally done. I mean- like DONE DONE DONE! The floor has been tiled, the walls and ceiling have been painted, we got a new vanity, a new mirror and put the pictures back up on the wall. Here it is:
Even though it was a long process- Jeff did a great job, and I couldn't be more pleased.
Bella even got a new collar this week- she's all pumped up for her first Thanksgiving with us!
So....I think that's about it. Dinner is in the oven, as we speak, um, I mean type.
I am out of health and back to PE starting tomorrow. I like teaching health, but the kids love PE, so they're glad to be back in the gym.
Hope you have a great week. Only 7 school days until Thanksgiving break. Yippie!
No comments:
Post a Comment