It is pretty much down right shameful that I did not post one single time in the month of September. Golly, I'm not sure what got into me. Probably exhaustion. That's what I'll blame it on. But we won't talk about my husband, who used the computer almost every night to watch the New York Mets play on the internet, since their games are not shown down here. But, regardless...it's my fault and I'm here to say hi!
I started off the month with a pretty bad injury to my leg. I was working out with some friends before school and part of our circuit was to do box-jumps. Well...you can probably see where this is going. OUCH. I wanted to cry. (but I didn't) I busted my leg quite badly and immediately knew I was going to be a hurting turkey for a few days. Looking back...I wish it was only a few days. Kristi had done something similar a few months before and she told me to be prepared for it to hurt for a LONG time. Like a month, she said.
I didn't believe her.
I should have.
It hurt so bad it kept me up at night. It hurt so bad my ankle swelled up and I had black and blue marks over a good part of my foot and leg. Then, there was the dead tissue that would not fall off or heal. I FINALLY decided I needed to get my leg checked out, almost 2 1/2 weeks after the injury, the doctor referred me to the Center for Advanced Wound Care, (who even knew such a thing existed?!) and put me on antibiotics because she was worried about a possible infection. Anyway, after seeing one more doctor before going to the Wound Center I am making progress! The wound people removed the large black "scab" which revealed a hole in my leg that contained more black dead tissue and other gunk. They numbed me up and dug out all the dead stuff in the hole. They put some padding in the hole, bandaged me up and sent me away with instructions not to remove the bandage or get it wet for at least 4 days. I showed drastic improvement over the past few days and I return to see the wound doctor this week, hopefully almost fully healed. (more than a month after the fact!) I am still very sore, and am having problems with ankle and foot swelling, and some more bruising. I have not been a happy camper! Having an injury is very frustrating. I hope things improve soon...it's been long enough!
Labor Day weekend we attended the wedding of one of Jeff's assistant coaches. It was a lovely wedding and we had a very nice time. It was a beautiful day, and what made it even better was that we had an extra day to enjoy! We spent some time on Sunday at Jake and Katie's house eating crabs and lots of other yummy foods. The girls had a great time and of course, didn't want to go home!
I made some cookies for Vivian to give to her kindergarten teacher. Can you believe she's in kindergarten?!
The following weekend we made a quick trip to New York to celebrate the wedding of one of Jeff's long time friends, Karolyn. The wedding wasn't until later in the afternoon, which gave us the morning to hang out (and go to Wegmans with no kids! Yippie!) The girls had so much fun playing with their cousins. It was a cold and rainy day in Syracuse, so the ceremony was changed up a little, but it was still really nice, and we had a great time! Of course, my kids don't care if I stay up late, so I knew they would still be up bright and early, which means I went to bed shortly after we got home from the wedding. (I know, I'm boring!) It always feels like forever driving home, but it was a smooth and safe trip, so that's what matters.
We're going to watch these two compete in a full Ironman Triathlon in a few weeks! So excited for them!
Also in the month of September, we celebrated Kristi's birthday! We went to a yummy restaurant in Old Town and then we came home for cake and presents. I think she had a good day, and had a busy weekend working with Jeff. She needed a new toilet put in one of her bathrooms, so Jeff started that job, only to finish the job with a brand new kitchen and bathroom floor! (haha! It's funny how one job can lead into another!) He eventually put the toilet in! The floor looks fantastic! He did really nice work, and I know Kristi is very pleased!
So there's a brief recap of September. Let's hope I am a little better at letting you know what's going on in October! My mom was here for a quick visit this weekend, which was so nice. (And even nicer because she made meals for us, and I didn't have to cook dinner for several nights! Thanks, Mom!) And this weekend Kadi, Peter and the kids are coming for a visit! I know the girls are really looking forward to playing with their cousins! If I am a woman of my word, you can check back and I'll share some photos from their weekend visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment