I'm not a huge fan of our back yard. I like the patio area and I like having the pool, but besides that, it's just a mess. There is no flat part to the backyard. It's hard to mow. It's not "user friendly". And especially the one side, it can be a muddy or dusty mess. I asked Jeff if we could get rid of a bush that was growing near the fence, and then before we knew it….one thing lead to another and Jeff found himself in the middle of creating a patio for us! I honestly don't know how he and Kristi did it. I went out to help a few times during nap time, and phew, I was exhausted! They worked all day sometimes! I don't have a real before picture, which I'm bummed about, but I think you'll get the idea. Some of the pictures are from my phone, so they will be smaller in size. Jeff finished it up with some help from friends while we were in New York. I think it turned out very nice, and I appreciate all the hard work Jeff put into it. We tried to use as much stone the we already had around the house as we possibly could, which saved us some money and helped repurpose some of the stuff we had.




Pardon the random rocks placed everywhere…Claire was building something!
We had our first fire in the new fire pit over the weekend!
photo by Claire!
No comments:
Post a Comment