Today was Frederick County School's first 5k race. I helped plan the race, so I was there early this morning to help set up and to help with registration. Jeff kinda sorta got forced into running the race! He did SUPER! First, let me tell you, he really, really, REALLY does not like to run! He tells me every time before he runs that he's tired just thinking about running! He is actually participating in a Tough Mudder in a few weeks, so this was a good little training run for him. Although it was a bit chilly this morning, it was a great day for the race. Kristi brought Claire to watch, which she really liked, but then she fell asleep, so I guess she didn't like it that much! Anyway...there were about 150 people who ran, which was good for it being the first race. Jeff finished 2nd in his age group, and 14th overall, with a time of 22:30. Impressive for someone who doesn't like to run! Way to go Jeff! And thanks to Kristi for coming with Claire to cheer Jeff on!
I guess Jeff is flexing? This is before the race. And isn't it cute how his sweatshirt is tucked into his sweatpants?! (Not!) Typical wrestler.
Showing off his medal. I swear he really does know how to smile.
Family photo!
I apologize for the poor picture quality. The camera battery died as soon as the race started, so these are from Kristi's phone.
No comments:
Post a Comment