8.19.2012

Just one of those nights...

Do you ever have one of those nights that's really simple, and low key, but you loved it?  We had one of those nights.  Normally, I'm not really one to sit around, there is always something I should be doing, but last night I spend some time with great friends on the deck on a beautiful night.  We decided to go to the Greek Festival and grab dinner.  It was so yummy, then we came back, and after I put Claire to bed I went outside, and we played the salad bowl game.  (you write the names of 10 famous people on little slips of paper, you have one minute to try to get your partner to guess the name you pulled out by telling them clues...I guess it's kind of like Taboo, but no buzzer thing)  It was simple, and kind of corny, but I had fun!  I even got to bed at a decent hour, since Claire has recently decided she wants to wake up about 6 am.  As much as a liked her sleeping to 7 or 7:30, I guess she must know it's almost back to school time, and she'll need to be up.  Oh, and I forgot to mention...I guess the whole day was great.  Got a run in, and then Claire and I had breakfast with some friends (actually a former student, her mom and little sister) and it was so great to see them.  So there you have it...one more day of summer vacation left.  Wow!  Now, off to enjoy my last day of summer...which let's face it, will probably include, organizing, grocery shopping, packing Claire's food, (at least I don't have to pack lunches for Jeff and I just yet!) and all those other fun jobs!  Happy Sunday!

No comments: