5.07.2011

Apple Blossom Weekend

Many of you may already know this, but I'll tell you again- I'm a pretty big fan of Apple Blossom. I wear pink and green to school all week, and have stocked up on pink and green paraphernalia for the hosue, all year long! Jeff's family has come down for Apple Blossom each year as well, so that is something we look forward to.

Thursday our friends Jessica, Scott and Karen arrived, just to spend the night before heading out for the American Odyssey Relay, which is the race I ran last year from Gettysburg to Washington, DC. I was planning to run with them, but since it turned out to be Apple Blossom weekend, I wanted to be home with my friends and family. Jeff's mom and sister and her kids also arrived on Thursday night. We all spent the evening catching up and preparing for the days ahead.

I had some errands to do Friday morning, Kristi and my mom went to the prayer breakfast and Jeff went with his family to Costco to grab some last minute "supplies." It was rather chilly on Friday, so just my mom, kristi and I headed down for the fireman's parade. I love this parade! I like seeing my students marching in the band, and of course I like looking at all the other people who aren't in the parade. There is some good people watching going on during Apple Blossom! :) Our friends Angelo, Nikki and Isabella arrived late Friday night as well, and we were so glad they were able to come.

We were up early Saturday for the 10K. Kristi ran this year, and did a great job. I think she enjoyed it, and she looked pretty cute doing it! We also went to the Grand Feature Parade, and Weekend in the Park before heading home to have more friends over. We had plenty to eat and the company is always good, so it was a nice night.

Kristi and Amanda at the Fireman's Parade
greeting the friendly James Wood bulldog!
Krsti-before the run
Barry Sanders!

Of course Sunday is never easy- everyone has to leave, and I have to clean (and I had to work at the funeral home) so I ran around like crazy for a while before I had to work trying to get as many loads of laundry done as I possibly could!

Monday was a pretty quiet day at school for everyone. Even the kids were laid back- maybe they were tired from the festivites as well.

I look forward to next year's Apple Blossom, and I hope if you're a Winchester blog reader you got to enjoy some of the Apple Blossom fun as well!

No comments: