1.09.2011

recently

What a week (and weekend) it has been. I was telling a co-worker on Friday that it felt like we've been back to school for weeks, or kind of like we've never left. I certainly don't feel like we were just on break a mere 7 or so days ago. School has been uneventful, and my students weren't too wound up, so even though it's been a long week, it wasn't too stressful.

I've been getting up a bit before 5 each day and dragging myself to the gym. (it's a bit easier because Kristi goes too.) I also ran a few days after school this week, once with one of the other PE teachers, and it was great to chat and get a few miles in. I have also tried to walk the dog everyday after school. Sometimes I just don't want to do it. Maybe because I just got done running, or it's cold, or I have 100 other things I'd rather do...but i know she needs exercise too, and she LOVES going for walks.

I've been trying lots of new recipes, which have gone pretty well. I really like having a nice dinner on the table each night. I also made chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes this week. These got rave reviews. They're kind of a lot of work, but totally worth it. I split the process up over a few days, so it made it seem better, but still, they've got a lot going on. It was a chocolate chip cupcake with a cookie dough filling and a brown sugar buttercream. Definitely not low calorie, but pretty darn good anyway! You guessed it- got the recipe from Annie's Eats.

This weekend I was asked to run the head table at Millbrook's wrestling tournament. I've worked the head table the past few years, but have never been the one who was "in charge" or the "go-to person". It was quite the experience. I went to Millbrook after school on Thursday to organize brackets and make sure everything was ready to go for Friday. I left there close to 7. Friday I arrived at Millbrook at around 4, and left there at midnight. It was a zoo. A total zoo. Kristi and I had to process every single bout sheet (which is filled out for every match), put the scores in the computer, advance the brackets, and fill out new bout sheets to send to each table. The bout sheets were coming in so fast, and we just couldn't get the new bout sheets filled out fast enough. A few bout sheets came back with the wrong winner circled, and since we had no clue who actually won, because we weren't watching matches, a whole slew of problems arose. I can still see brackets and bout sheets in my head, and it makes me crazy! I am happy to report, however, that Saturday was much more smooth. I arrived back at Millbrook around 9 on Saturday, and I got home about 8 that evening. It was a LONG few days, but I was glad to help.

Today was filled with doing all the things I didn't get around to on Friday and Saturday, because I was sitting in a gym. After church Jeff and I ran some errands, I did laundry, dusted, vacuumed, I made chicken parm for dinner, made shortcake type biscuits for a berry dessert, and also made a batch of sugar cookie dough. I need to make some cutouts to practice decorating. I am making cookies for my friend Jordan's baby shower, and I want to make sure I'm comfortable, because they need to look pretty. I also finished reading a book. Safe Haven, by Nicholas Sparks. I always enjoy his books, they're usually pretty predictable, but this one was a bit different, and sparked some different emotions than I would normally feel reading his books. Overall though, I'm glad I read it.

Hope you had a good weekend.
I'm going to try to do a better job of posting and sharing some pictures this week. I guess we'll see...life here in the Holmes home can be quite boring! :)

No comments: