I had a bad day, so I came home and baked cupcakes. Like I needed those, right?
Well, let me tell you something- I didn't need those, but I did try a few bites, didn't even finish the whole thing. Not because they weren't good. They were GREAT (even Jeff said so) but they were oh so rich, and I think half of a cupcake is plenty for dessert. I made chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. Pretty outstanding.
Back to my bad day- nothing in particular really happened to cause a "bad day" and believe me, I try not to have bad days, but today was one of those snowball bad days, you know? Like one kid was quite rude and disrespectful early in the day, then another a few periods later, and then a few more, and it just put me in a bad mood. There are so many good kids, and I love them and I appreciate how sweet and kind and respectful they are, and I appreciate their parents (or someone) who instilled those traits in them, but sometimes the kids who are so ungrateful and rude really get under my skin. (I think that's a major run on sentence, sorry!) Then I wonder why I even bother to teach some of them a lesson, because they probably don't give a hoot what I have to say, and they're going to do what they want anyway. Stop trying to change the world, that's what I tell myself. I know that to some people being a PE teacher is no big deal, and some people might even think it's not necessary to have PE in schools (I'm pretty sure that most people who read my blog don't feel that way) but I think it's important, and I don't think it's easy. As a matter of fact, I don't think ANY teacher has it easy. It's tough, and you know what else? It's something (being a teacher, that is) that's a bit under-appreciated. (Is that even a word?) Who knows why I'm on this soap box- oh yeah, maybe it's because I had a bad day!
Hope you're glad tomorrow is Friday- I know I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment