10.12.2014

Poor Anna!

Hey friends!  How have you been?  We've been busy just living life!  I've been so busy with cookie orders that my time in the evening is spent baking and decorating, so this little space has taken a back seat.  I kinda wish I had just a few more hours in the day…actually, no I don't.  I wish I wasn't so grouchy at night and would want to stay up a little later to get things done.  But then the morning comes so fast.  Especially the days I am up at 4:30 to run.  That comes really, really fast!

Ok, so last Sunday we had a fun afternoon watching the Giants game at a co-workers house, who are also big Giants fans.  They invited us to their lovely home, and we had a great time, especially since the Giants actually won!  They have a little step down into their living room, and Anna made it the whole time without any spills down the step.  No falls, no bumps.  It was smooth sailing.  You can imagine where this is going!  We weren't home 10 minutes and I heard a pretty hefty crash from above.  The girls were playing in Claire's room, and I was in my room (directly under Claire's room) putting my shoes away.  I ran up the stairs and into Claire's room, because I heard Anna let out a scream, but then was doing the whole holding her breath type of thing, and she was sitting near the spare bed with blood pouring down her face.  I know how badly heads can bleed, so I knew it wasn't necessarily as bad as all the blood looked.  (She was reaching for something and lost her balance, hitting her head on the corner of the metal bed frame.  Ouch!)  After we got her (and the floor) all cleaned up, I didn't think I would take her to have it looked at or glued, but since it wouldn't stop oozing and it was pretty deep, I knew I would feel better if I had it cleaned out and got a doctor's opinion.  I'm glad I took her in.  Not only was the Urgent Care facility we went to super fast, everyone was wonderful and sweet, and treated Anna with such love.  They glued the wound, because it was deep, she said it needed to heal from the inside out. The poor kid is a hot mess!  I couldn't believe how great she did, even when they had to hold her down.  She was a champ!  It was even getting close to her bed time and she still had a smile on her face!




 And here she is the next morning.  Just as happy as can be!  I'm so glad everything worked out and it was a pretty easy fix.  One week later, it certainly looks better, but is still healing, and the "glue" is still on, which I'm dying to pull off, but I know that's not allowed!

Hope you had a good weekend!  Here is a recent picture of Miss Claire who is just posing way beyond her (almost) three years.  Oh dear! 


No comments: