8.07.2014

Where?

Where have I been you ask?  I've been in Florida, New York, my backyard, the pool, the playground, Lowes (a lot), and a few other places.  It has been one heck of a summer and I am SO SAD it's over.  Like, I wish I could win the lottery sad.  Golly, what if I didn't have to work?  How awesome would that be?!  Well, it would only be awesome if I had money, but you don't get paid to be a stay at home mom, so I guess that's out.

Ok, so New York.  Let me just throw this out there…I forgot my camera.  Blah.  I realized it about an hour into the trip.  I brought the camera charger, (useless) but no camera.  I wasn't planning on heading to New York at all this summer, but it just kind of worked out that I could head up with the girls for a quick weekend.  Jeff stayed back with the dogs and to finish a project we he was doing. (more on that later) We actually kind of tagged along with Kristi, because she was planning to make the trip with or without us!  It was really nice to be home.  The girls could play all day in my parents basement!  It was also fun because we were able to be there for Vivian's 4th birthday.  There was also a pretty special surprise for her birthday…Princess Elsa came to visit!  (You know, from Frozen?!)  Of course you knew!  The kids were "star struck" by her, and she was super.  She sang and had a beautiful voice, and handled all the random questions from the kids with ease!  My college professor, the one I did my Graduate Assistantship with, was also able to come up for a visit with her husband on Sunday afternoon.  It was wonderful to see them and catch up.  In typical fashion, the trip went way.too.fast.  We were back in Virginia before we knew it!  Before we even got out of New York, a big truck threw either a bolt or a rock, or something up and it hit the windshield.  Ugh.  But thankfully it was an easy fix, and it was a smooth process to have it repaired once we got back home.

I'll post a few of this pictures I took with my phone.  I apologize in advance for the poor quality.








No comments: