It's pretty much summer around here. We do have to work on Monday and Tuesday, but it's so much more relaxed for me. No pressure in the morning to be out the door by a certain time, no worrying about dropping the girls off quickly...it's all good in the summertime!
Kristi, Claire and I went to a little end of school year party at a friend's house on Friday night. Jeff stayed home with Anna. I'm not sure if she has a cold, or allergies, or what, but she was pitiful looking, and I could just tell she didn't feel well, so she stayed home. It was nice to see some friends for a few hours, and it was nice that Claire was so well behaved!
Saturday morning I got a bike ride in then hopped right off and ran. Weird! It took a few minutes for my legs not to feel so strange, but overall, it was a good workout, and I was so glad I got it out of the way early in the day. Of course, I had lots to do around the house, which didn't really all get done, but it's ok. One thing I wanted to do was check out a van to potentially buy. Jeff and I got to the dealership to find that the van was already sold, which is no big deal....but then....Jeff finds a truck he likes! We crunched some numbers and he went back to get some more information and bought the truck! I truly am happy for him. Now we have 2 vehicles that we could all drive in if needed. It has been a bit tricky in the past, since the carseats could only go in my car, so we always needed to be sure plans were made and we were organized, which wasn't a big deal, but now that he has a 4 door truck, things will be much easier! He won't let me take a picture of him next to the car, so I'll have to get one of just the truck and show you.
Then, Saturday night we went to a wedding, which was nice. It was a little interesting because we're still on our Whole 30 (feeling great, by the way!) and much of the food didn't really work for us, but we did what we could, skipped out on the alcohol, and still enjoyed ourselves! It surely was a beautiful day for a wedding!
Look at those PE teacher tan lines...yikes!
I think Jeff had a nice Father's Day at home with his girls. It was a pretty low key day, which was great! We were able to take the girls to the park to play on the playground for a while, which was fun, and we also swam for a while. I feel bad that Jeff wasn't able to play golf, but because it was Father's Day it was a tricky day to find someone to play with.
Hope you had a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment