12.10.2013

The weekend

The weekend that turned into a long weekend has been wonderful!  I love long weekends!
We got about 6 inches of snow on Sunday, and for those of you who know anything about living in Winchester, that means basically the whole county stops living!  Ha, kidding...kind of!  We got the day off, which was great!  I'm sure it was pretty icky out there, especially since for one: people don't seem to know the proper driving technique for snow, and two: there aren't many plows here (and the few that there are seem to be less than effective.)  For example, there was a plow on our street for almost 15 minutes last night, and there was still snow and ice everywhere!  Ha!  Oh well.
On Sunday, Claire played outside with Kristi and Bella, and they also decorated cookies!  It seems like she liked both activities.  I think her most favorite thing, however, was eating the frosting while decorating!
I got lots of baking done today, and was able to run out to pick up a few things, which pretty much wraps up my shopping.  (I hope anyway!)
Jeff's season started this weekend.  He was up and out of the house very early Saturday morning.  Of course, he was a bit disappointed in the overall performance, but at least he has something to work from, and they can keep improving!
 Kristi and Anna before going to Jeff's tournament.  Look at the adorable shirt a friend made for Anna!  (Claire got one too, I just never got a picture!  Maybe next time!)

 Claire is tired out just from getting ready to go outside!
 Aunt Kristi is the BEST!  I'm so glad she wanted to go play in the cold snow!!




 This was from this morning.  Claire said she wanted to show Anna something on the iPad, but as you can see, that didn't really happen!
The word on the street around here is another 5 inches of snow starting early tomorrow.  So perhaps, we'll have another day off?  I'm really living life on the edge, and haven't packed lunches!  Yikes!  So, if we end up having school, Jeff and I will be getting whatever I can throw into a bag in the morning!  I hope you had a great weekend!

No comments: