12.19.2013

Sesame Street Live

On Sunday Jeff and I took Claire to Fairfax to see Sesame Street Live.  Of course we were a little skeptical about spending that kind of money for something she might not even sit through!  I've heard mixed reviews, but figured we'd try it anyway.  Well....she LOVED it!  I was so glad she was so excited!  The show was really cute.  It was fast moving, and upbeat with lots of singing and dancing.  She really couldn't take her eyes off Elmo and Abby.  It was also nice because the characters came down on the floor, and we were on the end of a row, so Claire got to see them up close.  She was a little afraid of some of them, but couldn't stop talking about how Abby tickled her!  Abby's fur must have tickled her when she said hello by patting her on the head.  She was thrilled!

There was a short intermission, which was perfect for going potty, but before we did that she spotted the big Elmo balloons that were for sale.  Of course, she HAD to have one!  I didn't mind, as I was planning to get her a little souvenir.  I gave Jeff a ten dollar bill and told him not to get it if it cost any more than that!  He came back to our seat with the balloon and of course I asked him how much it was, and it was $10!!!!  WHOA!!  I was shocked!  Ten dollars for a balloon?!  Yikes!  She was happy and still carries it around the house with her, so I guess it was worth it?!

I was glad this happened on the way there!
 Obviously showing us exactly what she wants!
 I was very happy with our seats!
 There it is....the $10 balloon!!

 After the intermission the kids were allowed to get closer to the stage and dance along.  Claire had a great time!


 And then of course...this happened about 5 minutes into the drive home!

No comments: