We had such a great day with our girls! I feel overwhelmed with how blessed I am. I truly am so grateful for all of those blessings, and of course, I hope you had the chance to count all of your blessings too!
It was so fun to start new traditions with Claire (and Anna too, although she's a bit young to "get it"). Because I'm that crazy mom, and because both girls have been a bit under the weather, we didn't go to a Christmas Eve service, which was ok. We had a nice dinner, and the girls were still in bed by 7, which I think they needed for their little bodies to fight off whatever is going on. Claire picked out some cookies to leave for Santa and also left his reindeer some carrots. She hung her stocking and also spread some reindeer food in the front yard, to be sure they knew to come to our house! She went right to bed with no problems and actually slept in later than she normally does. Anna on the other hand, did not sleep in! Ha! She was up before 6, ready to play! We played for a while on the floor and then she was back asleep shortly after I fed her.
Initially, Claire seemed very nervous to come out of the bathroom in the morning, because we told her Santa came, and I think she thought he was in the living room! She didn't want to come out! It was pretty funny! Once we told her Santa wasn't there, she was more relaxed and the first thing she noticed was that the cookies were gone and only a few crumbs were left!
She was allowed to look in her stocking and also could play with her big gifts, but we waited for Anna to wake up to open the other presents. Claire was so excited, thankful and sweet! It made my heart so happy! Jeff went way overboard with my gifts, and even though I tell him every year not to do much, he still does more than he should (and then I feel bad every year because he always out-does me!)
We had a nice dinner at home...pasta of course! And then while eating a piece of pasta, right out of the pot, I lost a filling. Blah! I only have one filling, but I guess not anymore! Of course, now I can't stop running my tongue over the hole in my tooth! I sure hope our dentist can see me soon!
I hope you had a wonderful day and were able to spend it with those that you love.
I'm not sure if the kid could possibly have any more animals/dolls in bed with her. She just refuses to go to bed if she's missing just one from the collection! Geesh! (not to mention, she had to wear the tutu to bed as well!)
No comments:
Post a Comment