10.16.2013

Daycare...

If you know me, you know I was a nervous wreck to drop the girls off at daycare for the first time since last school year (for Claire).  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE where the girls go, it's such a wonderful loving Christian environment, and I know my girls are so well cared for, but there's just something about leaving them and heading off to work.  Anyway, I totally anticipated Claire crying.  She had been home with me since school ended, in June, and she was having a few little crying fits when I would leave at different times.  (Like, even when I would go to the grocery store and leave her with Jeff!)  Anyway, we started talking about school quite often.  We talked all about how fun it would be, and how great it would be to be with her friends and all the learning she would get to do.  I'm not sure if it really made that much of a difference, but when I left her that day...not one tear!  NOT ONE!  I was so happy (and shocked!)  Of course I checked in with the director, on day one, (and possibly day 2 and 3!) and both girls were doing great!  They have continued to do so well each day.  Claire is learning so much, and it growing into such a big girl!  It's so fun to see all the papers she brings home on Friday that she worked on during the week.  She just loves her teacher, and that makes us so happy!  Anna has been a good girl for her teacher too.  She too has grown so much and is quite the happy little girl!  She is now on a great schedule, and has been sleeping solid at night (about 9 hours) for almost 4-weeks!  We are so blessed with that!

No comments: