Jeff competed in the Tough Mudder this weekend. That's a 10-12 mile extreme obstacle course. (This one was 11 miles) I would never, ever have any desire to do this. Ever. He was pretty excited for it, which I was surprised about, because he really doesn't like to run! He dominated the course, and really loved the obstacles, but said the hardest part about the whole day was how cold and windy it was outside! It was a rather chilly day, and then throw in lots of obstacles with water, it made the whole experience way more extreme. I have to be honest, it took him awhile after he finished to let me know he was done safely (the waiver you have to sign for this race is ridiculous!) and there were so many reports of bad injuries floating around the internet, I was getting worried! I knew deep down Jeff wasn't hurt, but I prayed no one in his group was either. We're talking things like, a drowning, dislocations, broken bones, a stroke, lacerations, and much more. Yikes! Everyone he was with finished safe, just very cold! Apparently you get a beer as soon as you finish, and Jeff said he was shaking so bad he must have spilled half of it, and couldn't bring himself to drink it. Now, if you know Jeff, you know that's not like him to let beer go to waste! I wasn't able to go watch the race, but Kelly was there, and shared some of these pictures with me. Way to go, Jeff! (And everyone else that completed the course!)
Jeff, Kenny and Darrin ready to go!

This obstacle is called "Arctic Enema". Basically you jump into a FREEZING cold pool of water, and you have to "swim" or make your way under a wooden wall, before trying to get out of the pool. Jeff said this was probably his least favorite, because it was so darn cold. If you look close, you can see how their faces are looking rather shocked from the cold. Brrrrr.....
I love the progression of pictures. It's like they're building up the courage to jump, all the way to their first breath after coming up from under the water!
This one is called "Walk the Plank." It's about a 4-story jump into a "pond", and then you have to swim out. Jeff did say this one was a tad bit scary, but not scary enough, apparently, because he jumped!
Here is one of the "Mud Miles" that they had to make their way though. A portion of a mile is a gross muddy mess, with "bumps" in the road, which really slow you down.
Finally done, but still freezing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment