1.30.2012

sad...

Today my heart is sad. It wasn't a bad day, I didn't have any issues at school, it's just a few things that make me sad, but at the same time make me remember how blessed I am.

First, my heart is sad for my sister in law and her family. They had to put their sweet Maggie down today. She was a part of their family for so many years, and even though she was an old doggie, it doesn't make it any easier. It makes me think of how much I dread the day I won't have Bella in my life, but I also know that I need to enjoy my time with her now. So, we're thinking of you Kim, and we know that some day a new doggie will fill your home and your hearts, and we can't wait to meet that lucky dog. (maybe it will be a dane!?!)

The next thing that has been very hard for me today is being very close to losing a friend. Tom, my friend, and fellow basketball coach is very ill. To be perfectly honest, so ill he probably won't make it through the week. It's awful. He is basically filled with cancer, and it makes me so sad to think about. I went to see him today. He didn't know I was there. He didn't look very good, but I know he is at least comfortable, with the help of the wonderful people from Hospice. Tom is only 48 years old, and he has taught me so much. He is a wonderful person, and although he might be near the end of his life, he fought like heck for the past 2 years.

So anyway, I know this is quite a depressing post, and I don't mean for it to be, but I'm just feeling sad. I am very blessed and I haven't had a hard time remembering that today with all the sad things going on in other people's lives. I guess if you think of it, say a quick prayer for Kim and her family and Tom and his family.

1 comment:

katie k-h said...

sending you hugs, love, and prayers michele,

katie