1.12.2011

Snow Day #3 (of this school year, of course)

It snowed last night, ummmm...like an inch at our house. We had today off. I'm fine with that.
Of course, Bella didn't know that school was closed. She just knows that she gets to eat by 6 am everyday, so that's all she was worried about. It's ok that she got me up early- I had a productive day.
A few interesting things I did today: (in no particular order)
*vacuumed and dusted again. I really love to vacuum, and Bella and all her hair allows me to frequently enjoy my new vacuum.
*frosted cut out cookies for practice. I started with a lot more cookies than I ended up frosting- I think there are a few sneaky hands in this house! They turned out ok- I have some adjustments to make with the icing.
(I realize Valentine's Day is a long way off, but I didn't have a snowflake cookie cutter, and after all, these are just practice- hence the Valentine's Day theme)
*I got the onesie cookie cutter in the mail today, so I made more dough, and made those, so I can practice frosting those this weekend.
*I did laundry.
*I cleaned the bathroom.
*I went to the gym.
*I made a quick trip to the grocery store.
*I made a list of everything I have in both freezers, and the pantry. (Can you say, DORK?!) I need to do a better job planning meals using the stuff we already have. Sometimes I see items at the store that are a stellar deal, so I grab some, but then I forget that I have them, and I keep buying, but don't always use it. So....I'm going to work on using what I have.
*I also planned next week's menu and started a grocery list. (this is a job I usually save for Sunday, but I had the time, so I figured I might as well get started)
*We had lasagna soup and these AWESOME buttery rosemary rolls for dinner. You have got to try these rolls. SO YUMMY! Alright...I'll just go ahead and admit it now: I kind of have another food blogger crush. I know...I'm odd. I love reading Annie's site, and just recently starting following The Pioneer Woman. My blogging-buddy, Katie has shared ideas/recipes from her, so I knew it would be totally worth it to poke around her site, and let me tell you- she did not disappoint me! She is quite funny, and I've already found a few things to make for dinner next week, using what I have in the house, or a few inexpensive items that I will have to pick up.

Ok, since I just declared my love for The Pioneer Woman, I think I will wrap this up.
Hope you had a great day!

1 comment:

katie k-h said...

trying a recipe tonight from your favorite cooking blog!

i love them, too!

you'll have to post what you make from the P.W. site.

have a good weekend. it's almost friday! (yay!)

katie