12.30.2010

new flooring

Ever since we've moved in to this house, I've wanted new flooring in the family room. After we had a little mishap while renovating the bathroom, and had a bit of a flood, I wanted it even more.
Remember? This is what it looked like after the "flood":

Well, then my husband got a little annoyed with me (can you imagine?!) because I ripped up some of the carpet, because it wouldn't dry, and I didn't want mold to grow, and I also wanted to visualize what I wanted when we were ready to get new flooring.
So...I did this:


Well, this happened way back in, ummmm, let's say May or so. We've been living like this for awhile. It makes me cringe. It makes me feel a bit icky to think we lived like that for so long, but I guess since money doesn't grow on trees, we made the best of it, and saved up. I wanted the area where the table is and the hall to have hardword, but by the fire place, and by the couch, I wanted carpet. I also knew it would be best to have the hardwood by the door, which would make it easier for entering from the pool and spa, and also easier to clean Bella's little paws off. So....we talked with a co-worker's husband, who is a flooring specialist, and ladies and gentlemen...now we have this:



Brand new lovely carpet, brand new solid bamboo flooring, and a perfect curve/angle to be sure the hardwood was by the sliding glass door, yet, I still have carpet in the "family room" side of the room...just like I wanted- I love it. There are still a few little thing to finish up, like finishing the floor molding, but for the most part, it's done! Now, I think I'm done with home renovation projects for a while! :)

No comments: