7.11.2010

Life.

You know how sometimes life just happens, with some not so exciting things, and you just kind of do your thing, and even though there's not much going on, it's ok? Well, that's pretty much how things have been around here...and I'm fine with it!

We've mostly been hanging out around the house, especially in the pool!

Although when Dad flew down for a visit he and I went to the outlet mall and also to the casino, where he promptly won $1,000. I won $10. Why can't I have his luck?! :)

Jeff and my Mom worked really hard around the house, which I appreciate so much!

I was sad my Mom had to leave on Friday, but she was here so long, and Kristi is also doing better, which is a good thing.

I've been trying to log some serious miles, and my knees aren't too appreciative of that! My dad called his Nike guy, and even though I have never run in Nike's before, I'm going to try it out. My dad's friend is sending me 2 different pairs. One of which a Division I cross country & track team uses, so hopefully they give me a little more support. I'm actually not a "real" runner, (I don't think anyway!) so I've never really paid much attention to my shoes, but I can tell the higher my milage goes, the more I think I need a change. Now if these silly shoes could make me run faster....

Even though life is pretty boring simple right now, we've got some exciting things coming our way, so we're enjoying our peace and quiet for a few more days!

Next weekend our friends Dave & Mandy get married.
Next week is also our 1 year anniversary! (wow!)
We leave for Denver on the 22nd.
Our friends Matt & Amanda get married on the 25th.
Kadi is due August 2nd! (I'm keeping my fingers crossed this baby makes its appearance a bit early!)
Our friends Angelo & Nikki are getting married in Syracuse on August 7th.

See...our life is not just lounging in the pool all day...we do have something to look forward to! :)
Alright, off to read a few more chapters of "The Help". I'm into it! My Mom left it for me, and one of my blogging buds, Katie suggested it too. Good book.
And, lastly, thanks for the prayers for Kristi- she is 100 times better. She still can't eat much, and still takes meds for some pain, but she is making progress. No more dehydration....but she might need new clothes at the end of all this!
Hope you had a great weekend!

1 comment:

katie k-h said...

Ahhh... The Help! I so wish that book never ENDED!! It's fan-tast-tic!!!!

Your summer sounds perfect, except for your sister's surgery. (Yuck!!)

Let me know if you have any marathon questions/issues at all. Which program are you using? I think Hal Higdon's beginner (novice) one is the best. And, good luck with the shoe issue! I've been dealing with that, too.

Hugs!

katie : )