6.08.2010

All-Star Game

On Sunday we watched my dad coach the Upstate team in the Carrier Dome for the Upstate vs Down State Football All-Star Game. He was in Syracuse for a few days prior to Sunday preparing his team. This included three practices each day, and of course, countless meetings. It can't be easy to get 50 guys who have never played together before ready for a game in 3 days....but of course, they were ready.

I'll just cut right to the chase...they lost. The Down State team really was good. They had some great athletes, and more Division One scholarship kids, BUT.......they were JERKS! I didn't like their coach, I didn't like theirs fans, I didn't like some of their players, I really didn't like #7, and I also didn't like the officials. The officials should feel lucky that no one got hurt, because they let the game get out of control. It was actually scary at times, and football doesn't scare me.

Anyway...it was a fun weekend, and nice to spend time with my parents. Saturday night we went to a a banquet, which was nice, and then went to a reception given by the Syracuse University football staff.

Here are some pictures from the weekend.
Also, Memorial Day Weekend we were in Syracuse and I got NO good pictures. Boo to that. Dylan is super cute, and of course Alaina cracks me up. I'll have to snap lots and lots of picture when we're at the beach in a few weeks, so I'll share some then.
I'm also happy to report there are 2.5 days of school left!

Coach Diminuco is the man!

Dad and his coaching staff

Nice speech, Dad!
After dinner
Jeff & Kristi
Here comes the Upstate Team!

Dad with Coach Mac and the Army sponsor guy

Kadi, Pete (eating, sorry Pete!) and Jeff!

Dad being interviewed after half-time

Jeff and Bella were pooped on the way home!

No comments: