Her favorite way to sleep is curled up like this, so the bed fits her perfectly! (doesn't look the least bit comfortable to me, but hey, what ever makes her happy!)
Now, on to the next topic. Dry skin. My hands, specifically my right hand lately, are so dry, it's making me nuts. And, since you probably are like, "yeah, so, what's the big deal..." here's a little background info for you. I hate having dirty hands. HATE IT. I don't like putting lotion on my hands, because then, my hands are dirty. (yes, I know, I have issues, and those must be dealt with separately, possibly in another blog post.) I wash my hands dozens of times a day. (I am a teacher, a PE teacher after all- tons of kids put their germy hands on all the stuff I use all day!) Ok, so back into the present...my hands crack, and bleed, and itch, and have rash like patches, and actually ache. I have gotten blood on clean laundry because I wasn't aware my hands were bleeding...so annoying! So here's what I'm asking... I am going to tell you everything I have tried and/or am currently trying, and then you're going to tell me if you have any ideas for me. Now, remember, this has to be something that won't gross me out, i.e., it can go on the tops of my hand without making me feel like I need to wash my hands all over again! Every night before bed Kristi so kindly gobs the tops of my hands with Bag Balm, and then I put mittens on, and go to bed. My hands feel pretty good in the morning, but by the afternoon, it's back to the same 'ole thing. I have tried shea butter, cocoa butter, vitamin E oil, plain Vaseline, Aquaphor, Udderly Smooth Udder Cream, Miracle Hand Repair cream, suave lotions, lubriderm lotions, I've been trying to drink more water and I even asked my doctor, but he said "just keep doing what you're doing." blah! Any ideas? Any suggestions? Any magical healing powers you can send my way? I know the weather doesn't help, but I'm getting desperate here folks!
Hope you're having a great week. It's been a long one! I can't believe I've actually had to be to school on time all week! :) I might just be ready for another snow day! (just kidding...kind of.)
xxoo
2 comments:
What a sweetheart of a Great Dane! And Costco is the only way to go for those giant dog beds! I love the feeding station too. So much better than putting the bowl on a plastic chair. Our vet recommended a couple of tablespoons of Metamucil mixed in with the food at least once a day. (We fed him twice a day and he was terribly picky eater.) We also discovered that the Hundenflocken brand was much easier on his stomach. I think because it doesn't have grains in it. Feel free to email me if you want more info about what worked for us. I'm happy to share.
Sorry about your hands. How awful! My sister had success with coconut oil. You have to like that tropical vacation smell of coconuts though. I hope you find something that works...sooner rather than later!
I have had eczema since I was a kid and I have the same issues of cracking, bleeding, itching, burning, etc. I tried all those things and the doctors were clueless about how to help me. One MD gave me a topical steroid and had me wrap myself in plastic wrap....seriously.
Ultimately, I stumbled upon dermarest which is an OTC "lotion" you can find in the skin section of your local drug store. Mildly pricey about $10/bottle but worth it if it cures your discomfort as it was worth it when it helped me keep my flare-ups under control. It is an antihistamine which will help calm it down. I have to warn you though, it may burn at first because it has alcohol in it but after I used it a couple times it really helped. I haven't had to use steroids to control my problem in several years due to keeping it under control with dermarest.
Good luck!
Ps. Bella is so gorgeous! Hope you guys are great!
Post a Comment