5.30.2015

I'm baaacck!

Hey all!
I'm back, and I'm ready for a summer filled with blogging, because let's be honest...you missed me.  I know you did!  Let's just say my schedule wasn't quite conducive to squeezing in much blogging, but now that we only have five (yes, FIVE) days of school left, my priorities will change (read: going to bed instead of blogging because a 4:45 alarm is coming VERY fast won't have to be the case anymore).
Anywho....

I've kind of missed a lot.  For example.
I turned 32.




Claire took second place in her first fishing rodeo.  It was so fun!  Some wrestling friends of ours invited us to fish with them for the local fishing rodeo for kids.  Claire was a little apprehensive at first, but got more comfortable, touching both the bait and the fish!  Her biggest catch was a 14 inch trout, missing first place by 1/4 of an inch!







Apple Blossom was once again wonderful! It was a beautiful weekend.  The girls liked the parades, especially Anna, who waved at everyone!  I ran the 10k, and wasn't too happy about it, but I survived, and was glad I did it.




Jeff celebrated birthday number 36!



Memorial Day Weekend was productive around here.  Kristi's neighborhood had a yard sale.  It always feels good to get rid of stuff, and it's nice to get money for it.  We're not too good at making lots of money, because we'd rather just get rid of everything, but we sold enough to make a little cash, so that's good.  The girls also were signed up to run the Loudoun Street Mile Tot Trot.  It's a 100 yard run.  Let's just say it didn't go so well for them!  Oh dear, they were scared to death!  The people and the noise, perhaps?  They did it, and got their ribbons, but man, it was a struggle!  They have been practicing running and seemed excited about it, but it just didn't go well.  Oh well!  Maybe next time!  Jeff also completed the summer project I wanted done.  I'm so glad!  I have some pictures, but not all, so I'll post those later.  We have several parts to our deck, and the part where we spend the most time was looking pretty rough, so Jeff replaced that part with composite decking.  We can only afford to do that section this year, but I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I don't have to worry about splinters for the girls.





Lastly (for now) cookies.  so.many.cookies.
May has been a very busy month for me.
There are some pretty poor pictures here, which is what I get for taking so many pictures at night.






















So there you have it.  A brief recap of the past month.  I'll be back soon.  I promise!

No comments: