5.12.2014

This could...

This decision I just made could very well be the end of me! Ha!  Just kidding...kind of.  I registered for a sprint triathlon in July.  This may not seem like a very big deal to you, and really, it's not THAT big of a deal at all.  Except for the simple fact that I CANNOT swim.  Ok, I can swim, like I'm not going to drown (at least I hope not), but let's get one thing straight...I would much rather float on a raft or stand in the water with a refreshing drink in my hand.  The swim for the event is only a 300 meter pool swim, which is good, except have I mentioned that I can't swim?  I kind of forced Jeff into opening the pool earlier than normal, because I decided I better start practicing.  Well, I sure hope I get better, because I about died!  (Not really, but still...it's awful!)  The first time I swam (Saturday) I literally could not breathe, because the water was so cold it took my breath away!  I got my composure and tried my hardest, but this whole holding my breath thing is lame.  I swam again today, and it was a bit better, but I still felt like I was going to poke my eyes out!  I'll keep you posted on the training...this should be very interesting and honestly, a very difficult challenge for me!

Apple Blossom, which was a few weekends ago, was fun.  I took the girls to both parades, and I also ran the 10k, which was very fun.  It was actually a pretty low key weekend, and I could tell Anna wasn't feeling well for much of the weekend, so I didn't push it with her, and decided she needed the extra rest.

In other exciting news, there are only 3 Monday's left in this school year.  Praise. The. Lord.  Incase you haven't figured it out, I'm pretty much over this school year, and I didn't even go back in August like everyone else!

I hope you had a great weekend!
xo

No comments: