4.08.2014

Tired (and it's only Tuesday!)

Hello friends!  How are you?
I'm beat, and I'm currently feeling a little defeated because it's only Tuesday!  Ugh!  This week is beloved Sensitive Issues Week at school.  It honestly is one of my favorite weeks, because I see such a different side of the kids, but because of the way the schedule falls this year I am teaching every single period for the entire week.  Phew!  I'm not used to talking that much!  As usual, I've had some interesting questions, but much of the typical, "how come boys don't get their period?"  Why must they ask questions like that?!  I usually just answer that one with a simple, "I don't know, because that's the way God made us."  (not to mention boys don't even have the same reproductive organs as women, but that is clearly a bit above them and I don't even bother getting into it!)  Anyway, it always makes me smile when the girls ask me a question and my answer is telling them to ask their mother, and they say "that would be weird" (yeah, probably) and that's they feel more comfortable asking me.  Flattering?  Awkward?  Tiring!

Poor Anna has been having ANOTHER round with the stomach bug.  She's been hit pretty hard with this in her short 7 month life.  She threw up for the first time last Tuesday, got sent home from day care on Wednesday because she was throwing up, and has averaged anywhere from 5-8 blow out diarrhea diapers since then.  Poor thing.  She'll barely eat, but has been pretty happy considering how upset her little tummy must be.  I think my washing machine has been going non-stop for a week!  I really REALLY hope she's getting better.  She still didn't want to eat much dinner, but she seemed happy and didn't have any diarrhea tonight, so pray for the little lady.

She's still been smiling even with an upset belly!
Over the weekend I volunteered at the FCPS sponsored 5k, which was fun.  It's nice to see familiar faces, and talk to people who are running their first 5k.  I feel that I have always been so supported by the running community, so it's the least I can do to help out, smile and encourage other runners, especially new runners!  This year, Jeff didn't run it, but Kristi did, and I think she did a great job!  There was a crazy wind that morning, which made things challenging, but at least the sun was shining!

Later in the day Saturday, Jeff's grandfather and Margaret came into town from Arlington, where they were for a wedding.  It was nice to see them, and have them meet Anna.  I made a pot of sauce and meatballs, and we just had a pasta dinner at home.  They joined us for church on Sunday morning, then got on the road back to Syracuse once church was over.

Lastly, Claire is doing well.  I had to start giving her some children's Claritin for her allergies.  Poor thing was having a rough time, and after talking it over with Dr. Dansie and a pharmacist friend, I decided she needed a little help coping with it.  Both Jeff and I have terrible seasonal allergies, so we understand how she's feeling!  It seems to have made quite a difference, and I'm thankful for that.

I'm really looking forward to some time away, and can't wait to be hot!!  I hope Florida is 85 and sunny every day we're there!

No comments: