Anna had a well-baby check up yesterday. She was a sweet and happy girl for the nurse, doctor and the medical student who was shadowing the doctor. All smiles for everyone! Obviously she wasn't thrilled with the shots, but as soon as we weren't "pinning her down" and she was able to sit up she gave the nurse a big smile! She's a pretty big girl, which is ok with us! She is 24 inches and 15 pounds. And even though I don't typically compare the two girls, Claire had nearly the exact same measurements at that same age. The doctor was impressed with her strength and ability to sit up. He was also impressed that while he tried to "push" her over, she would put the appropriate hand down to the side she was being pushed to hold herself up. What can I say?! She's advanced!! (ha! Totally kidding of course!) He explained to the med student that typically a 7 month old will put their hands to the side to support themselves, not a 4 (soon to be 5) month old. So that was good. I'm not too worried about all that stuff, as long as I continue to have healthy, happy girls. She likes to shimmy around on her belly if she isn't facing the direction people are, so she can be in on the action! The doctor said I could give her a taste of some baby food whenever I'd like, which will be fun. He is just the best...I know I've mentioned that before, but I'm glad we have a doctor we love!
Anna was pretty low key all day today. I'm thinking she is just worn out from the shots, perhaps? She took several really good naps, and was getting super drowsy before her 7 pm bedtime, so I just put her down a bit early since I could tell she was so tired.
We had another day off today. There was some freezing rain this morning, which caused the schools to close. It's a tough call, because by the afternoon the temperatures were warm enough to ensure safe travel conditions, but I know they try to do what's best for the students at all times, so there we sat...at home for another day!
I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment