11.02.2013

Hall of Fame Induction

On Wednesday night, my dad was inducted into the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame.  This is a pretty special event, and to be honest, kind of a big deal.  It's hard for me to grasp that, and to realize how great of an honor it is for my dad to be selected as an inductee, because honestly, to me, he's always just been my dad.  And he's pretty darn special to me as dad, so I kind of haven't always gotten too excited over the countless honors he's received.  (Of course I think he deserves it more than anyone, because I've seen how hard he works!) I did some reading about the hall of fame, and realized it's quite the event.
I am so glad that I was able to be there for it.  I feel bad that Jeff wasn't able to be there, but it was just too tough getting out of work, not to mention how expensive flights were to get there!  Anyway, Kristi, Anna and I flew up to New York late Tuesday night.  We visited a few people Wednesday morning, and got to go meet Kadi's new puppy, before the limo (yes, limo!) picked us up at my parents house about 3:30.  We arrived early to the event for pictures and interviews (my dad, not me!) and then we got to see so many of the people who came to show their support for my dad.  It was overwhelming how many friends and family were at the event.
The night flew by and my dad did a great job with his speech.  I can't imagine how nervous he was speaking in front of nearly 800 people!  Phew!  Before I knew it we were on our way back home, and then I went to pick up Anna, who stayed with a friend.  (She was very well behaved...so they tell me!)
Bed time came about 12:30 am and the alarm came very shortly thereafter, at 3:30!  Ouch!  Our flight left at 6:00 and we were back to Winchester before 9:00, and then back to school to work a half day by 11:00!
It was a fast trip, but so worth it to see my dad be honored in such a great way!
Congratulations, Dad....you deserve it!
xxoo








No comments: