6.27.2013

Can you handle the truth???

I'm pretty sure you can handle the truth.  It's me who might not be able to handle writing it!  (I do realize I have issues!)  Now remember, this is hard for me, because I like for people to think I've got it all together.  I like for people to think my kid (and my husband) never, ever EVER get on my nerves, or that my house doesn't have 50 million dog toys and kid toys all over the place.  I even like to pretend that said toys don't bother me...but they do.  It makes me kind of nuts.  I need order, and I need neat.  It's weird because sometimes things are out of place, or I can't remember which folder of the filing cabinet I put something (which also drives me crazy) but since someone who walks into my house can't see my filing cabinet, I don't tend to worry about it as much.  (Issues...remember?!)  Another thing is being 8-months pregnant.  I do NOT complain about being pregnant (well, maybe to Jeff every once in a while) but if someone asks me how I'm feeling the answer is always "great!"  It's not a lie, because I really am feeling good, but I can't complain knowing there are so many out there who would love to be pregnant, and let's be honest, pregnancy doesn't last forever.  Pretty soon, I won't be pregnant anymore...and then I can complain, right?!  Kidding!  (kind of.)

All this rambling is going somewhere...just hang with me.  My patiences are running thin.  This house (the house we moved back into after we moved all of our stuff out) does not have AC.  You know what?  It's hot here.  Like really hot.  Hot makes me agitated.  Not all the time.  I love the heat.  I love summer.  I love being outside in our pool.  (Yes, no AC, but a great pool...I kind of sound like a brat.)  But I can't cook dinner in the pool, or sleep in the pool.  (well, I imagine I could, but I don't like bugs.)   Ok, so my husband, who tries so hard to make me happy has done lots of research, and we're having a heating and cooling system installed VERY soon.  Praise the Lord!  There is this hideous, huge, loud and obnoxious AC unit that is built into the wall in our living room.  Here's one of those things again where I think people will think my house is trashy because of it, so I never really show pictures of it, or talk about it.  Well, with the new system, it has to be removed.  Cue Jeff.

Ok, a few more things.  First, another reason I've been getting so easily agitated is because the house is a wreck.  The house is not big enough to be a wreck.  (Especially with a big dog, a kid, and a large pregnant lady!)  Anyway...this first picture is after we (Jeff) moved the book shelf, and removed the molding that was around the unit.
 Jeff had a heck of a time getting the thing out.  (no he couldn't push it through to the outside because there was a "cage" type thing around it.)  It was HEAVY.  I don't really know that from experience, but I could tell from watching him.  (And he's the type of guy who doesn't let "things" beat him.  I like to pretend I've got it all together, he likes to pretend he can lift anything or do anything handy!)  So, he got it out, almost dropping the big old thing on himself, but there were no injuries to anything.  (Except the floor a little, but I can remove a carpet stain.)  So yeah.  It's about 95 degrees here, and we have a hole in our wall.  Awesome.
 But of course Jeff takes care of that, and now we don't have a hole in our wall anymore.  Do you know how much heat and how many bugs can enter through that little hole?  Yeah, a lot.  Another reason I was annoyed!
 And here it is half insulated and drywalled.  I will then need to paint, and he'll have some outside work (with the siding) to do.
In the meantime, he threw this extra window unit we had in the front window.  Ghetto.  Why do I care?!  It was good to have, but it didn't really do a good job.  As much as I hated that loud, huge, ugly built in unit, it did it's job.  
So there you have it.  A whole lot of whining from me about being hot.  And an update on home improvements.  Wait until I show you the tile floor Jeff put down for me in the laundry room.  What an improvement!  Ok, I'll check back again soon.  Hope you're having a great week!

No comments: