Here's Claire watching the Giants come back...phew, those Giants are something else!
9.17.2012
Struggling...
I bet you get the impression when you read this silly blog that my life is just the greatest thing since sliced bread...the perfect little family, with a giant dog, that never rolls in her own poop, or never barks like a wild animal, or never steps on my feet, gets in my way, or bugs me to death. And a perfect husband who never, ever, ever annoys me, and always does everything I ask, like take out the recycling at the exact moment that I ask. And a perfect kid, who never cries, never whines, never has a runny nose, or never spits up on my floors. And that I am always happy. Always. Well...let me let you in on a little secret...the Holmes do not have perfect lives! As a matter of fact, I have been struggling, and even though it's hard for me to be honest, it makes me feel better to let it all out. I am wondering if I'm supposed to be a teacher. I am wondering why I'm not enjoying it, and why I'm dreading going to work every day. I wonder if there is one kid out there who actually knows how much I worry about planning lessons that are engaging, fun, or even one that would increase their heart rate (heaven forbid!) Last week was a bad week. It pretty much all started with a bad day in lunch duty, and then I was just miserable all week. So......I realize I need to GET OVER IT. I'm a teacher. My master's is in Education, it won't be easy to just up and leave now, but I hope I get over this funk real quick. I also know that most people are probably sick of hearing this, and think "us teachers" should stop complaining, but not getting a raise for the past 5 years doesn't help my attitude towards teaching right now, either. Oh well. Such is life, I guess, but just know that this isn't the perfect little blog of perfect lives. As a matter of fact, sometimes our life is a complete mess, but that's life, right? Real life. That's what happens in the Holmes family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hang in there, Michele. Remember that the bad days will pass, they don't last forever. And, keep in mind come spring time (when you have a chance to look around), that sometimes change is a good thing! Changing things up sure did help me to become a better teacher. (Or, so I hope...) Hugs and love.
Post a Comment