2.10.2012

what a (two) weeks...

Phew. It's been an interesting two weeks around here.
I'm not going to lie- last week was kind of stinky for me. I'll give you a brief run down.
Monday I went to visit my friend Tom, who was very ill. He didn't know I was there. He was in bad shape. It was sad. I got in my car and cried. I prayed for him and his family a lot, and I felt blessed that my family is healthy.
Wednesday I was involved with two heated parent conferences. Ick. I don't like when parents are mean to teachers. We really are trying to do the best we can every single day with what we're given, and sometimes as middle school teachers we're given wild and crazy pre-teens who push every single button that exists. Blah.
Thursday I got the news that my friend Tom passed. I found out that morning at school. It was a long day. The principal and I told the basketball team the news late in the day. (He coached the 8th grade team and I coached the 7th grade) I felt bad for the girls. It was a sad time.
I was so thankful for the weekend-I needed it! Jeff was not feeling well most of the week, but he's pretty tough and didn't whine much at all! :)
We were all pretty excited for the Super Bowl, and couldn't wait to watch our NY Giants beat up on New England. We stayed home and laid low. It was a great finish, and we were pumped the Giants came out on top! It was fun to wear our Giants gear to school the next day and get high fives from some students while others told me the Giants stink!

Claire and Katie
Monday Jeff and I went to the funeral home for Tom's visitation. Ugh. It was sad. I was hurting for his wife and kids. They are only 25 & 22, and I couldn't imagine losing my father at that age.
Tuesday I was able to go to Tom's funeral. His basketball team went too, which was nice. The room was filled with lots of people who thought he was great. I hope he knew how many people thought so highly of him. It was hard to hear his daughter speak, she struggled through what she wanted to say, but did a great job as far as I'm concerned.
Wednesday the weather people said we were going to get snow around dismissal time, so they decided to close school early. (Fine with me!) I had to finish up some cookies that I was sending to Kadi anyway, so coming home early gave me some extra time. I was totally keeping my fingers crossed that it would snow enough for a delay on Thursday, but no such luck.
Two of the cookies I made:
So...that means Thursday and Friday were LONG days!
But, we made it to another weekend.

I really don't want to sound like a complainer, or that my life stinks, because it doesn't. It was just a rough stretch of time for me emotionally. Claire is fantastic, Jeff is a pretty good husband :) and I have great family and friends who will listen to me tell dumb stories or cry if I have to.

Triple C. Chubby Cheek Claire!
I hope to get some pictures on the computer this weekend, and share some with you.

1 comment:

katie k-h said...

sending you hugs. sad weeks like that are exhausting.