10.04.2011

Getting close...

The title of this post has multiple meanings....
First, I am referring to basketball. We are SO CLOSE to being done. And to be perfectly honest with you- I can't wait! I really like the girls on my team this year. They were drama free, their parents were very supportive, and they never took themselves too seriously (mostly because this is the worst season I've had since I started coaching....we weren't very good!). I am pretty much just done with it. I think last year around this time I was done with it too, so I can't blame it all on being pregnant. Last year my excuse was training for NYC, this year, I guess I'm training for something else!

I guess I could also be getting close to having this kid! Phew....It's getting a little tight in there! I still have it in my head that she won't arrive until November, which is fine, if that's when she wants to come, but I'm starting to get to the point where I am physically ready. I want to be able to bend down comfortably and squeeze into spaces I would normally be able to. I just want to move at regular speed! I know this sounds awful greedy, I mean come on- how rude of me, right?! Well, yeah, it sort of is, but don't get me wrong, I'm excited to meet this little one, and start the next chapter in our lives, but I'm assuming anyone who has ever been pregnant has to feel this way at some point?! A few more weeks to go- I'm sure it will be the longest and quickest few weeks of my life! (odd, I know!)

The other thing I'm getting close to is having some time off of school! Oh man, I'm looking forward to being home for a while! I would love to stay home forever, even though I've never had a kid! I used to joke that I wanted to be a stay at home mom with no kids, but now, with one on the way, I can just say I want to be a stay at home mom! Of course, that will NEVER EVER happen. (Unless maybe I start playing mega millions, and win! Heck, maybe just a pay raise would be nice, forget mega millions!) Anyway, if this child holds off until close to her due date, which is the 28th, I will be able to take all of November and December, and will return to school when the kids do, after winter break. Sweet bliss! I can't wait! Now I know for sure that those two months will FLY by...but I'll be sure to enjoy every minute of them!

That's all for now, I think. I hope you're doing well....check back for updates. They may not be too frequent, but I'll eventually update you on life here in the Holmes Household.
xxoo

No comments: