7.29.2011

Orlando!

We traveled to Orlando to spend some time with Jeff's family while they vacationed there. It was a great, and very warm time! It was awesome to see the kids, and watch them at some of the theme parks- very cute!

We stayed in a great place and had lots of yummy meals together- it was fun.

On the day we arrived we ate a late lunch and then explored Downtown Disney, which included shopping and people watching (one of my favorite things to do!) and then we went out for a nice dinner, after coming back to the hotel to cool down a bit.

Thursday was our day to hit up Hollywood Studios, which has lots of fun rides and shows, and the Tower of Terror. Remember when that "ride" first came out, years and years ago?! (Man, I'm dating myself!) Anyway, it was a fun day, but very hot. There were lots of rides I couldn't go on because they aren't recommended for pregnant ladies, but that's ok, I still got to do some things, and oh my goodness...lots of people watching went on during the time I was waiting for everyone to get done with a ride. There was always something to look at!

Jeff and I made plans to meet up with our friends Jason and Nikki who recently moved to the Orlando area from Winchester. We went to their house for dinner, and ended up just crashing there for the night. It was so nice to see them, and their handsome little boy Jake. Jeff and Jason stayed up much later than Nikki and I did, chatting the night away. They had a great time, and so did I!

Friday everyone went to Universal Studios and Island of Adventure. I decided not to go...for a few reasons. First, I can't go on many of the rides, and second it was $120 to get in for one day! Phew! I didn't think spending that kind of money to hang out there all day was quite worth it! So, I had a lovely day sitting by the pool, reading and swimming and things like that. Ryan and Jeff decided to stay at the park a bit longer than everyone else, so when they came back to the place, we all ventured back over to the pool. That evening it was just Jeff, MJ, Al, Kim and I for dinner, and it was very nice to chat with them, and have a relaxing dinner.

Saturday came quickly, which meant it was time to fly back home. Jeff's family had been in Orlando for over a week, so I'm sure they were ready to get home! We had no trouble returning the rental car, getting through security, and getting out on time...the Holmes/Kronenberg clan on the other hand had a serious flight delay, and didn't end up getting out of Orlando until they were originally scheduled to arrive back in Syracuse. Blah! That's never fun!

I didn't get too many pictures, but here are a few from the trip:





We are so glad we could join you for a few days in Florida! We loved seeing everyone, and can't wait to be in New York very soon to see you all again! xxoo

No comments: