2.24.2011

losing it...

I just might be losing it a little...I know, some of you are thinking I lost "it" a while ago, but today, I think I've changed my blog layout 672 times. Ok, not really, but everything I do, I don't like, so I keep changing it. I see so many pretty blogs, and I just can't seem to be happy with mine. Don't know what my problem is, maybe I have too much time on my hands?!

It's been a nice short week. We had Monday off thanks to the Presidents, and then Tuesday we had a snow day. Even though they called for 6-8 inches of snow, and we only got about an inch, the freezing rain that came down before the snow was the bad part. It was pretty nasty driving home from the airport on Monday night after picking up Kristi. I like snow days, and I'm happy the school is not taking any of spring break from us! So, a three day work week isn't too bad in my books.

But...(you know, there's always a but) my students have been horrible! They never.stop.talking. NEVER. It makes me a bit crazy at times. I have so many kids in a class. (we're talking a small class is 35) I know some people think being a PE teacher is easy, and anyone can do it, and for those who think that, they are welcome to come teach my health classes any time they want. Ugh. They make me want to pull my hair out sometimes. For example, I was filmed with my students yesterday by someone from the school board office because I received a grant for some supplemental health materials, and they picked a few recipients to highlight for a few different media purposes. Well, the film guy came during my largest class, (he couldn't believe I didn't have a co-teacher, or an aide...ha, I wish!) and the kids were so talkative. I really hope this film guy is good at editing, because this class is going to need a lot of cuts! It pretty much ruined my whole day, because I felt like a horrible, horrible teacher. Nevermind that the kids were just getting off a four day weekend, and it was a morning class, and they are usually pretty talkative after the weekend. And nevermind that we were doing something totally new, and fun, and exciting to them. It couldn't have been any of those things, right? It's probably the lady standing in the front of the room begging coaxing them to shut up be quiet and respectful for just 30 minutes! Oh, middle schoolers...

Just to give you some background on my dad...he's been struggling with what sounded like a bad cold or laryngitis or something to that effect, for well over a month. My mom finally told him he had to go to the doctor, which they don't really have in Florida, but they found someone, and the doctor said he had some type of infection, and gave him antibiotics. About two weeks later, it wasn't better. He went back, and they decided the problem was a paralyzed vocal cord. The doctor said it could have been caused by a few things, including, a tumor, some type of blockage, and a few other things (that I can't seem to think of right now) and to determine what it was, he needed a CT scan. So, long story short, there was no mass, or growth or anything wrong with his vocal cord, so they are pretty convinced it is some type of virus that attacked the vocal cord. He is on mega doses of meds now, and I think he's starting to sound a tiny bit better. I am so thankful it wasn't anything serious and now I just hope the vocal cord becomes un-paralyzed (is that even a word?!) and he's back to being 100%!

Dinners have been pretty good in the Holmes' house this week. I've tried a few new recipes. One from the new Better Homes and Gardens magazine and of course one from Annie. I love being in my kitchen and preparing a meal after a semi yucky day. Good food always makes me feel better. (hello...can you say problem?!) :)

I hope you have something fun planned for your weekend.
I have some cookies for an order to bake- baby shower cookies, for a girl...they should be cute!

No comments: