1.10.2011

I've learned...

Today I learned that I'm not really that good at making fish. Ick. Just the plain thought of the fish that I made for dinner makes me gag. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Jeff seemed to like his piece...me- no so much.

Today I also learned that sadly, I will no longer have a spa. Boo. I guess it was pretty nice to say "I have a spa", but we really didn't use it that much. I really liked it while I was training, and it's a nice social thing too- like when our families are down for a visit, but other than that- we just didn't use it that much. We noticed recently that it wasn't working properly, and I finally called the spa guy. Well...long story short, it will cost $650-$750 to fix. Yeah- not spending that on the spa. I guess I don't feel too bad, since it came with the house, and really the only money we put into it was a new cover, and a new motor. Maybe I'll try to sell it, "as is" of course, or maybe someone could use it for parts. We'll see. I can tell you one thing...I'm not worrying about it until it warms up just a little bit!

In the past five years I have learned that over-reacting to possible bad weather in this part of the country is inevitable. I think 2 days ago they thought we would get an "impactful" (their words, not mine) storm, earlier today, they said maybe 2-4 inches of snow, now, it's 1-3 inches. In my opinion, we'll probably barely get a dusting! It makes me smile every time there is the chance it could snow- the buzz is all around the school, and the news anchors get so excited! Too funny.

And finally, I think my pants were too short today! Ha...no one said anything, but I just know they were a bit too short. I don't care too much, but it does make me wonder if they've shrunk a bit over several washings or perhaps, maybe I've grown! (doubt that!)

Only four work days until a long weekend!
Yippie!

No comments: