This is a glimpse of what my schedule has looked like...
Monday: Basketball game
Tuesday: Back to school night
Wednesday: Basketball game
Thursday: Helped at the football game
Friday: Finally a night to be home!
Saturday: Up early to run 16, shower, drive to New York
Sunday: Jeff runs the Warrior Dash, drive back to Virginia (it was a 7 hour drive!)
Monday: Basketball game
Tuesday: Basketball game
Wednesday: Basketball game
Thursday: Bring Kristi to the airport
Friday: Up early to run 12, shower door installed, drove to New York.
Saturday: Met my Mom & Kristi early to switch cars and have a birthday breakfast for Kristi, drove back to Syracuse, drove to Alexandria Bay for Dave & Megan's wedding.
Sunday: Drove back to Syracuse, picked up Bella at Jeff's parents, and then drove back to Virginia.
Monday: Game
Ok, ok, I'll stop, I'm sure you get the idea. But, seriously?! This has to come to an end! Mix in getting up before 5 on many of those mornings to get my runs in. (most of the time with Kristi, who rides her bike with me, which is SO GREAT!) I'm feeling a bit run down! (literally!) :)
Basketball is going ok. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for the season to come to an end. I think it has to do with marathon training. I am so emotionally and physically invested in it, and getting all my runs in, and feeling good about them has been a challenge some days.
The Warrior Dash was intense! It was at Windham Mountain Ski Resort, and the first half of the race was up the mountain! Jeff said it was tough! There were 13 obstacles scattered throughout the 3.23 mile course. I guess Jeff had a great time, I could only watch the start, and then the last three obstacles, which happened to be a giant "slip-and-slide" then jumping over two rows of flames, and finally crawling through muddy water with barbed wire overhead! It took a while for Jeff to get all the mud, dirt and grime off his body! It was a long drive there and back, but it was great to see our friends, and for Jeff to be the one running!
Dave and Megan got married at Bolt Castle on an island in A-Bay. It was a beautiful spot for a wedding. It was quite windy, and a bit chilly, but that didn't ruin anyone's spirits! We were taken by boat to the island, then watched the ceremony, had a tour of Bolt Castle, got on another boat, and had a scenic tour of the 1,000 Islands, went back to the Riveredge Resort, where we were staying and the reception was, had cocktail hour, and then dinner followed by some serious dancing! It was a great time, and Megan looked beautiful. We wish you all the best, Dave & Megan, and we're so glad we could share in your big day!
Finally, finally, finally, the shower door has been installed! Thank goodness! It's been a long time waiting for this to happen! After thinking it would be installed a few weeks ago, only to find out they sent the wrong door, we are so glad it's finally in. Jeff will retile the floor, and I am going to paint, and I think it will finally be done! Phew! I think Jeff's hard work paid off, and he did a great job designing and building the shower!
I think this week should be better...so hopefully I'll have some updates for you!
I ran 18 yesterday, and my legs can feel it today! I got my official start time for the race, which is in the 10:40 corral. I'm starting to feel all sorts of emotions, but I am truly looking forward to the experience.
Kadi, Peter and Vivian are doing great! I can't wait to see that little girl in a few weeks.
Dad has a big week ahead of him, so I guess that means so does Mom! :) On Friday, he will travel with his football team to Albion, to play the Purple Eagles. Kind of weird, and kind of exciting and kind of scary all at the same time! His team is undefeated right now, but I'm sure both teams will come ready to play, because apparently, it's a big deal that he's going back to Albion to coach against his old team. Oh well...I'll keep you posted.
Have a great week!
1 comment:
Hang in there, Michele!!
Coaching and training for a marathon AND teaching PE is exhausting!! You're active all DAY long.
Have a wonderful week. Marathon day will be here before you know it! You're getting so close....
Hugs-
Katie
Post a Comment