8.30.2010

it's been awhile

It's been awhile since I've posted. In the time I've managed not to blog, quite a bit has been going on. (Maybe that's why I haven't blogged!) Here are some things that are going on around here.

*Obviously school has started, and although I think it will be a good year, there are adjustments I have to make, which sometimes make me cringe, but I really do work with great people, and I know it will be alright.

*Basketball has also started. This drains me by the end of the day. I have practice everyday after school either from 3-5 or 5-7, so I am pretty much done by the time I get home. It feels like I go to work, go to practice, come home, cook/eat dinner (Kristi does most of the cooking during basketball season, thank goodness for her!) pack lunches, go to bed, and get up at 5:15 to run and do it all over again! I'm not complaining or anything, just sharing with you my typical day. Sometimes it gets old.

*All summer we have not been crating Bella. She has done terrific, so we continued not to crate her when we went back to work. Since we have so many teacher days, she was eased into being home alone for so long, because we would come home for lunch. On the first day of school I was such a nervous nelly! (I wonder what I'll be like when I have kids?) I was worried about that silly dog all day, (or maybe I was worried about my house?!) Anyway, she did just fine, and she has been doing just fine being left out of her crate all day! I hope I didn't speak too soon, but I think we've got ourselves a pretty good dog here!

*I feel bad that I didn't do a special post for my nephew Ryan, who celebrated his birthday yesterday. So....Ryan, Happy Birthday! We hope you had a GREAT day! And we hope you enjoy your last week of summer! We love you.

*Running is going great. My knees have been a little mad at me, but nothing I can't tolerate, or some advil won't fix, so I'm pretty happy about that. The Rock and Roll Half Marathon is THIS WEEKEND! (WHOA!) I'm actually really excited, and I think Kristi is too. We ran 11 on Saturday, and felt great, so I think we're ready. Send a prayer out there for good weather...this Hurricane Earl is making me a bit nervous- so if you're listening, Earl: STAY AWAY!

*68 days until the New York City Marathon. But, hey, who's counting?!

*Sorry there are no fun pictures to go along with this post. Rather boring, I think. Thanks for reading this far, and definitely check back after the weekend for a race report!

No comments: