Ok, so here's how it went down:
I noticed on my credit card bill that I was refunded $195 by the hotel, and I was a bit suspicious of this, but not overly worried. I decided to be on the safe side, so I called the hotel. When I called, the nice young fella said: "Country Inn and Suites, Virginia Beach, can I help you?"
Me: ummmmm, I thought I called Howard Johnson- did I call the wrong place?
Guy: Nope, this used to be that hotel, but it's not anymore..
Me: ummmmm, so the reservation that I booked with Howard Johnson is not valid here?
Guy: Nope, we are a different hotel.
Ok, I'll stop the dialogue. (of course that's not really how the conversation ended, but I'll spare you.)
He said there were rooms available, but it was a 3 night minimum stay, which I DON'T want to do!
I told this guy I'd call back if I needed to book a room, and he advised me to call the 1-800 Howard Johnson number.
You better believe I called that number!
First I get this lady who just DOESN'T get it. I told her to transfer me to someone who knows what's going on, or a manager.
The next lady tells me she is very sorry, but doesn't know why I wasn't contacted to inform me I no longer had a reservation. I went on and on and told this lady everything I thought (even though it's not her fault, and I told her that, but you know what....that's her job, so oh well.) I told her I'm not really sure what I want her to do because I got my money back, but I want her to pass my anger and disappointment along. I told her that I could have showed up in Virginia Beach, and tried to find this hotel, and then I would have been screwed! I also told her I will never stay at a Howard Johnson and I will tell all my friends the same thing. So all you blog readers out there: PLEASE RECONSIDER STAYING AT A HOWARD JOHNSON HOTEL! Thank you.
I know, they aren't very nice hotels, but I'm working on a budget here people!
So....long story short, well not really, I found a hotel semi-close to the start and finish that did not require a minimum stay, and they even give me free breakfast...so take that HoJo. (obviously I spent WAY more money on this hotel, but at least I have one....let's hope anyway.)
No comments:
Post a Comment